
First post of the new year! I will attempt to be epic.
So last night I went to see a festival of lights type thingie at Downsview Park...it was rather underwhelming. Then we went across the street to Susie and Chris's for an impromptu gathering...I brought dip. Dip that I LOVE, and I didn't even have a bite. And when she offered me wine, I declined...which for me is VERY odd, and she looked shocked but didn't ask, because Susie's cool like that. Cathie, my other girlfriend at the party, knows what I'm doing right now, so it was all cool. I sat there with my glass of water, and we played Headbandz, and nobody bugged me about why I wasn't eating or boozing...what a relief!
My problem is...I can't seem to manage to get more than 2 of these shakes in me per day. It's not that it's so bad when I'm actually drinking them; it's more the psychological aspect of knowing I need to have one, and just feeling like "ugh...I can't do it!" The box is sitting on the table...and every time I pass it, it fills me with dread. I've had a coffee so far today...but not a shake.
I'm down 1.5 lbs today from yesterday. Wouldn't it be GREAT if I could lose a pound a day? lol! I took my "before" pictures yesterday. I haven't looked at them, but I'm sure they're stunning! I'm very much looking forward to the day where I can put them next to an "after" picture. Maybe by New Year next year....
Goals for the year:
*get through the surgery and recovery safely
*learn how to live with the band, using it as an ally in my life change
*run a 5K
*buy my first pair of Fluevogs
*fit into the rides at Wonderland
So far, that's about it. The 5k is really the big one, which I hope to do in October, but with my knee being all mashed up, may not be able to do until next spring. Either way, I WILL do it! The Fluevogs...well...I've just always wanted a pair but I'm pretty sure my feet are too fat for them...and the ones I want have an ankle strap thingie, sooo...
This post was so not epic...but the shoes...the SHOES are epic!
No comments:
Post a Comment