I thoughtthis was an interesting article, particularly since BMI charts seem to be different. Have a read. And in case you're wondering, I did extremely poorly. Working on that!
Don't like these but know they're true. I'm highly obese whereas BMI says I'm just overweight. Need to suck in that waist that has never been there. I'm doomed. Yes I say, doomed. Thanks for the cheerful reminder! Are you trying to save more lives?
You most certainly ARE working at it!! Keep on doing a great job... for me: these charts and figures bother me much less now that I am doing something and seeing results that I know will last!!
Thanks for posting this, Gilly. I swear I don't watch Oprah often, but I did see a segment where Dr. Oz said your waist circumference should be half of your height in inches. So if I"m 64 inches tall, my waist should be no more than 32" (I just did that math in my head. I'm that smart).
I think you might be right and I might be overfilled. But then I read Vanessa's post (because I still look for food and feel kinda hungry) and... well, shit, I don't know. Sometimes there's entirely too much thinking involved in this band nonsense.
How did I miss this post? I just blogged about the exact same thing. Of course, I have been looking for any reason I can find to get rid of the BMI charts...I am "healthy" on the WHtR and NEVER "normal" on BMI.
Looks to me that I am highly obese! That is good to know... OK not so good to know. I hope that insurance calls soon.
ReplyDeleteAwesome article...
ReplyDeleteholy shit, i am slender and healthy. hate me yet?
ReplyDeletei'm sorry i haven't been in touch yet, being back home's crazy but i def wanna get together soon, i'll fb ya!
Angie, I kind of DO hate you! But in a loving you kind of way!
ReplyDeleteNow compare that to what the BMI chart tells you; I'm thinking I'm going to prefer the waist to height ratio!
Don't like these but know they're true. I'm highly obese whereas BMI says I'm just overweight. Need to suck in that waist that has never been there. I'm doomed. Yes I say, doomed. Thanks for the cheerful reminder! Are you trying to save more lives?
ReplyDeleteNo matter which way I look at it - I'm FAT!
ReplyDeleteo-m-g...i'm like totally seriously overweight! (said in my best "valley girl" voice lol)
ReplyDeleteUm, yeah, thanks a lot Gillybug. Me and all my apple ampleness are off the damn charts. I'll stick to my BMI (31.5) thank you very much.
ReplyDeleteI'm highly obese no matter what chart I use. I swear us shorties are doomed!
ReplyDeleteYou most certainly ARE working at it!! Keep on doing a great job... for me: these charts and figures bother me much less now that I am doing something and seeing results that I know will last!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting this, Gilly. I swear I don't watch Oprah often, but I did see a segment where Dr. Oz said your waist circumference should be half of your height in inches. So if I"m 64 inches tall, my waist should be no more than 32" (I just did that math in my head. I'm that smart).
ReplyDeleteI think you might be right and I might be overfilled. But then I read Vanessa's post (because I still look for food and feel kinda hungry) and... well, shit, I don't know. Sometimes there's entirely too much thinking involved in this band nonsense.
xoxo
Veerrryyyy Interesting. According to BMI charts I'm obese, but according to WHtR I'm overweight (on the high end).
ReplyDeleteHow did I miss this post? I just blogged about the exact same thing. Of course, I have been looking for any reason I can find to get rid of the BMI charts...I am "healthy" on the WHtR and NEVER "normal" on BMI.
ReplyDelete